Saturday 7 November 2015

Week Twenty Two – Starting over!

There may be light at the end of the tunnel …… only maybe mind and it might be a firefly that’s on it’s last legs but for now it’s light and I am going with it.

I have tried two very short jogs (and I mean short, like quarter of a mile), the foot started to hurt both times so I stopped but it recovered very quickly afterwards so I am taking this as a good sign and after spending the last four weeks not even wearing my trainers let alone running in them this feels like a victory!




This week has been distracting for lots of reasons but as it draws to a close it feels like a fresh start. So many people have picked me up (physically and emotionally) over these last few weeks and I am eternally grateful, one in particular has earned herself a special song:

Ode to Tweedle
(heavily plagiarised with the help of Rick Astley)
…. Sing along ……
We’re no strangers to pain
You know the miles and so do I
A full commitment's what I'm thinking of
Any less and we both might die!

I just want to tell you how I’m feeling
Got to make you understand

Never gonna give you up
Never gonna let you down
Never gonna run away and not loop back!
Never gonna make you cry
Never eat all the pie

Never gonna run in May without you!


Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment