Saturday 14 November 2015

Week Twenty Three - A Letter to Left Foot

Dear Leftie,

I think it’s time that you and I arranged a heart to heart. We have been together now for over thirty years and have covered a lot of ground. Maybe you think that I have taken you for granted, or that I have favoured your right counterpart, and if we are being brutally honest I guess I have.  Rightie is always my first port of call and he’s stronger than you too plus he doesn’t have the weird squished little toe but that doesn’t mean I don’t love and need you.



You are 26 of the 206 bones in my body, that’s pretty impressive and not something to be sniffed at.
I know you blame me for breaking you, I was too hard on you and expected too much but I only want what’s best for us and together we can be stronger.

I hope this goes some way to help you understand how much I need you. I have tried to show you how much I care over the last few weeks. I promise to keep up the late night massages and yes, the hot water bottle and ice packs can stay! I know I am starting to sound desperate but I will do anything, new socks, trainers, you name it it’s yours!

I am sorry leftie, I do feel like we are starting to make progress so lets fix this for good and move on.


I need you!

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment