Saturday 9 January 2016

Week Thirty One – Welcome to 2016, the year of the Zero’s!

So after a few weeks off, it’s January 2016 and much has occurred since the Zero’s conquered the MK Winter Half. Many, many (tins of) Quality Street have been consumed, far too many wine bottles have been emptied and I have successfully seen in the New Year Skiing in Andorra without breaking any bones!

Despite the best of intentions I only managed one very short run whilst out on holiday. The hills and the mountain air made for a tough affair but still, it’s a nice record to have on the Garmin!



I hit the ground running Monday evening with the club run followed by Stuart’s interval session on Thursday. “Long Hills” should hereby be renamed as “Long and painful, make you want to cry hills”, my face was not a pretty sight (I know this no change from the norm). Remind me to be washing my hair the next time that one rolls round!

I finished off my running week reunited with my old friend Tweedle. Thank goodness for Facebook or we may not have survived being parted for a whole 2 weeks! What better way to spend a Saturday morning than 7 miles round Caldecotte in the pouring rain! At least we blagged a free muffin in the pub afterwards making it all worthwhile!

There’s no doubt that the next few months are going to be tough, I’ve seen the mileage increasing on my training plan to levels I never thought possible but having come this far there’s no way I am stopping now. Bring it on!!



Amanda 

No comments:

Post a Comment