Sunday 21 February 2016

Week Thirty Seven – Don’t Quit!

This week has been a toughie, after last Sunday’s twenty miles left me buzzing with a new sense of “I can totally do this” the rest of the week the followed was somewhat less than enthusiastic.

An aborted recovery run Monday and very little running to follow for the rest of the week has made me have to come to terms with the fact that actually I am not invincible (I am truly gutted at this discovery)! I hurt, in places I didn’t even know existed, I miss my partner in crime who’s got far to used to staying in bed on a Sunday morning under the pretence of an injury (I am joking tweedle don’t punch me) and it’s all starting to take it’s toll (get the tissues out)!

Alas, let’s remember why I am here, what I am determined to achieve and how far I have come with such an amazing bunch of total nutters! Us Zero’s are in this together and when the going gets tough we won’t give up, we’ll just fight harder!



When things go wrong, as they sometimes will,
When the road you're trudging seems all uphill,
When the funds are low and the debts are high,
And you want to smile, but you have to sigh,
When care is pressing you down a bit,
Rest, if you must, but don't you quit.

Life is queer with its twists and turns,
As every one of us sometimes learns,
And many a failure turns about,
When he might have won had he stuck it out;
Don't give up though the pace seems slow--
You may succeed with another blow.

Often the goal is nearer than,
It seems to a faint and faltering man,
Often the struggler has given up,
When he might have captured the victor's cup,
And he learned too late when the night slipped down,
How close he was to the golden crown.

Success is failure turned inside out-- 
The silver tint of the clouds of doubt, 
And you never can tell how close you are, 
It may be near when it seems so far, 
So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit-- 
It's when things seem worst that you must not quit.

(Author Unknown, but it definitely wasn’t me)!

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment